This simple and tasty pizza toastie was put together using my handy DIY Pizza Mix box of pizza toppings used as a toastie filling! I just wanted a snack to “grab and go”, so didn’t go overboard in overfilling it or making too much effort this time. It needed to be a simple pizza toastie, not over-thought.
I didn’t add a pizza sauce, it was just pizza toppings and cheese. I also didn’t serve it with a dipping chutney, which I usually do.
- Two pieces of toasted bread
- A mixture of pizza toppings: chorizo, jalapeno, red onion, white onion, sweetcorn (see DIY pizza)
- Grated cheese
- Top one of the pieces of toasted bread with your pizza toppings – you can do both and make a super sized pizza filling if you wish, which I do sometimes, but not today!
- Place the topped toast under a hot grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the second slice of toast on top, cut and serve! You could get a pot of tasty hot chilli chutney and use that to dip the toastie into!
This is a really fast snack that’s easy to put together because it uses my pizza mix box of toppings that I keep in the freezer: Pizza Mix Toppings