I like to mix and match products, as I put quick food into my bowl and get to the bit where I’m eating. Food cheats means it’s OK to use packets, tins and frozen food – and, usually, a microwave.
This is a microwave meal for one!
For this evening’s meal I decided to use a packet of the Four Seasons Indian Inspired Rice I picked up from Aldi the other evening. I’d bought it for another reason, but had changed my mind before I got home, so I’d put the packet into the freezer, meaning I had two packs to use up. The plastic wrapping contains two individually-wrapped packets of indian spice rice.
I thought I’d try this with my usual Food Cheats’ Egg Curry!
- 1 sachet of Indian inspired rice – or you can use any packet of flavoured rice.
- 1-2 hard boiled eggs, depending how many you fancy. Today I fancied one.
- Instant curry granules, or instant curry sauce.
- The sachet of spicy rice need to be placed in the microwave without piercing the bag – and then just microwaved for 3 minutes and left to one side for 1 minute.
- I used my microwave egg boiler to hard boil my egg, this took 7 minutes on half power.
- I boiled some water and used that to mix up 1-2 teaspoons of instant curry granules.
- Place the rice in a bowl, slice/halve the boiled eggs and place on top, pour the curry sauce over!