This is a simple crunchy green salad sandwich that can be made quickly to take out for a cycle ride or trip to the beach. In the summer I’ll often keep a green salad in the salad spinner so it can be quickly dipped into to make this sandwich, it keeps for 3-4 days stored like this.
This sandwich bread is a nice seeded bread, with sunflower seeds. This type of bread, in my opinion, tastes so much better when it’s been wrapped in foil for 2-3 hours before I eat it 🙂 I don’t really like the way it toasts, so I’ll buy a seeded loaf in the summer just to make delicious sandwiches for days out.
- 2 slices of bread
- Salad cream (or mayo if you don’t have salad cream)
- Red peppers
- Spread some salad cream on both slices of the bread. There’s no need for butter.
- Load up the other side with the salad items picked randomly from the salad spinner.
- Fit one slice on top of the other.
- Cut. Wrap in foil, then head for the beach!
I’ll usually make up 2-3 rounds of sandwiches to take with me. With a simple sandwich at the beach typically costing £3 I’d be mad not to!