Wraps are so quick and easy to put together and so today’s lunch was a sweet chilli cheese wrap. I’ve used the Rowan Bakery Mediterranean Tortilla Wrap for this because I like the extra ‘excitement’ of using flavoured tortilla wraps.
- One tortilla wrap
- 50 grams cheddar cheese
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Splash of sweet chilli sauce (any brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, I used dried; this is optional
I like to microwave my tortillas before I fill them – you don’t need to do this, but I microwave a tortilla for 10 seconds each side, then I add the wrap fillings.
- Spread the grated cheese on the tortilla – leaving one end “loaded” and the other a little sparse.
- Slice the tomatoes and place these on top of the cheese, again putting the tomato to one end and leaving the other side a bit sparse.
- Splash sweet chilli sauce over the fillings.
- Sprinkle oregano on top, if you’ve used that!
- Starting at the side where most of the filling is, fold over the end, then roll the tortilla towards the edge where you left the filling ‘sparse’
- Cut the rolled tortilla in half.
The reason you leave one edge sparse of filling is that this is the last section you’ll be rolling and so it’ll form the outside edge of your wrap and you’ll want this part to stay in place once you’ve finished rolling it.
These tortillas cost me £0.08 each, 50 grams of cheddar costs £0.25, tomatoes £0.03. A splash of sweet chilli sauce and oregano would be just pennies. The total cost of this pair of wraps would cost under £0.40 – and makes for a frugal, yet slightly exciting, lunch! Delicious 🙂