Summer means burgers and so I’m currently craving burgers of all sorts – probably because it’s peak season for the television bombarding us with adverts for BBQs. I rarely use a BBQ, it’s just not worth the effort for one person – and the weather is so changeable that it’s simply not been part of my life.
Instead, I mostly cook beefburgers in the microwave these days. I used to use a frying pan to cook them, but that takes quite awhile and creates a greasy pan that needs to be washed up, so the microwave is the way I’ve been cooking burgers for some years now.
I like to change what I eat, constantly trying out variations and other products – and earlier in the week I picked up a pack of four of the Asda Chilli & Lime Quarter Pounders. So today I made a quick microwave cheeseburger with chilli relish! I’d bought some of the large Aldi bread rolls especially, as I do like the burger bread rolls to surround the burger and any other fillings I use.
This time I’ve used coleslaw as I had already made a coleslaw salad that was in the fridge and needed using up.
- 1 Asda chilli & lime quarter pounder beefburger (well, any one you’ve got will do won’t it!)
- 1 bread roll
- 1 slice of cheese, what you’ve got in the cupboard, I had some cheddar
- Your favourite relish – I’ve currently got a chilli relish open, so that was the one!
- Optional: coleslaw or salad to serve inside the bread roll, or alongside your cheeseburger
- Slice the bread roll in half.
- Remove the burger from all the packaging and place it in a microwave safe dish and put a lid on the dish.
- Microwave on full power (800 watts) for 2 minutes.
- Drain the excess fat off and turn the burger over and microwave again for 1½ minutes.
- Drain the excess fat off and put your cheese on top of the burger, still in the microwave dish.
- Microwave the burger/cheese for 30-45 seconds until the cheese has melted, or you’re bored of waiting and are happy with what you’ve got!
- You can toast the bread roll if you like it that way – sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t.
- Place the coleslaw or salad (if you’ve used them) on one half of the bread roll, then place the burger and cheese on top. Add a spoon of chilli relish, pop the other half of the bread roll on top. Eat.
And that’s it.