Making 2 scrambled eggs for one person’s easy if you make your breakfast in a mug! This is the best way to cook scrambled eggs as it’s quick and clean – generating hardly any washing up. A mug can easily be used to scramble up to four large eggs – and if you’ve got a large mug then you can do even more.
- 1 mug
- 2 large eggs
- a knob of butter
- Crack your two eggs into your mug.
- Use a fork to beat the eggs.
- Microwave on high power for 30 seconds then stir – chopping up the egg as it’s formed round the edge.
- Microwave on high power again in bursts of 10-15 seconds at a time, stirring and checking each time.
- Once the egg’s set, add the knob of butter and break up the scrambled eggs with a fork.
- Serve! I’ll typically serve scrambled eggs on toast, on toasted muffins or even as scrambled egg in a pitta bread or even as part of a full cooked breakfast!
Tips for Microwave Scrambled Eggs in a Mug:
Although it’s straight forward, here are my tips for cooking using a mug:
- If the inside of the mug is white, it’s easier to see what’s happening and easier to ensure you cleaned it thoroughly when you wash up.
- “Little and often” is the key to this – don’t just put the eggs in the microwave and set the timer to 2-3 minutes as the egg will dry out. Check/stir often to keep it moist and yummy looking.
- If you can’t wash up the mug immediately, then at least fill the mug with water so washing up’s easy when you do get round to it.