Cooking for one, if you want one scrambled egg, the easiest way to cook this is in a mug – termed “mug meals” these methods produce small quantities.
To cook one scrambled egg all you do is:
- Crack your egg into a mug and whisk it with a fork.
- Microwave on high power for 30 seconds.
- Check and mash it with your fork.
- Repeat microwaving and checking for 10 seconds at a time.
- Add a knob of butter and use your scrambled egg how you’d intended.
I quite often use this method to cook a scrambled egg for a pitta bread, with a splash of brown sauce. This is a very quick breakfast or snack.
- Go slowly – with such a small quantity it’d be easy to overcook it. If in doubt just microwave it for 5-10 seconds at a time. You’ll know when it’s ready as it’ll be firm and without raw egg bits.
- Use a mug with a white interior, so you can see what you’re doing more easily – and know you’ve washed it up properly.
- Once done, fill the mug to the brim with boiling water to make double sure it’s easy to wash up with just a wipe – no egg should be stuck to the sides (if it does stick you’re cooking it too long), but filling the mug with water stops any residue scrambled egg drying out and sticking.