Combine a microwavable sponge mix recipe with strawberry jam and you have an easy way to make microwave sponge pudding!
With a prep time of 1 minute and a cooking time of just 3 minutes – what are you waiting for? Just add lashings of hot custard for a complete dessert you’ll keep coming back for!
Pin It for Later! Microwavable Sponge Mix
Microwavable Sponge Mix Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 large egg
- 60 grams self raising flour
- 60 grams sugar
- 60 grams butter/margarine
- 1-2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Weigh out the flour, sugar and margarine into a jug or small bowl and mix them until combined (20-30 seconds)
- Add the egg and beat the sponge mix until it’s smooth (10-20 seconds).
- Place a spoonful of jam in the bottom of your cooking bowl/jug. Spoon half the mixture onto the jam. Optionally add more strawberry jam into the middle of your sponge mix. Pour the rest of the sponge mix into the jug.
- Cover and microwave on full power (800 watts) for 3 minutes. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Run a knife round the outside of your sponge and turn upside down onto the plate!
This microwavable sponge mix recipe works on its own, or with any jam, marmalade, honey, lemon curd, or even fruit you’ve got!
Reheating Microwavable Sponge:
Once cooked, if you pop the leftovers into a simple lidded takeaway box and into the fridge, you can reheat this in 30-45 seconds in the microwave. This will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days!