You can mix up some quick and easy pakora bites from leftover vegetables and mashed potato, or by using frozen veg.
I found myself with some frozen veg to use up the other week – and some leftover mashed potatoes, so I made these quick and easy pakora bites.
Although I ate some immediately, I found that they tasted even better after they’d been kept in the fridge in an airtight box until the next day as it allowed the flavours to develop.
- 3-4 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed.
- 1 onion, diced (I used a red onion, but any colour will do)
- 300 grams (10oz) cooked or frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder, or garam masala – whatever you’ve got
- 1 beaten egg
- oil for greasing the dish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well together
- Grease a baking tray with oil
- Scoop out small balls of the veggie mix and place them onto your baking tray (you can flatten them if you want)
- Brush, or spray, oil onto the top of the pakora bites
- Bake in the middle of the oven until they’re as dark as you like them (30-40 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little, to firm uo
I ate mine cold, but you can serve them as a side dish to a curry, or eat them as a hot snack!