This is a simple orzo pasta salad that can be put together from store cupboard ingredients in under 10 minutes, which is why I’ve made it! I’d already boxed up a lot of salad choices in my fridge ready to grab, but I like to keep adding to the selection piece by piece over time.
- 100 grams of orzo (to serve 4 portions as a side salad option).
- One small tin of tuna flakes, drained
- 100grams of sweetcorn (frozen or tinned)
- 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes (or more/less for personal taste)
- A small splash of oil and a sprinkling of salt
- Cook your orzo, using the oil and salt – I microwave orzo pasta, but you can cook it how you usually do. It will take 6-9 minutes depending on the method you use.
- Strain the orzo and cool it in cold, running water.
- Combine the tin of tuna flakes, the sweetcorn, chilli flakes and orzo.
- Box it up and pop in a lidded container in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
This will make enough orzo tuna salad to fill one plastic takeaway box – which, for me, means I can use about 2 heaped tablespoons as one of several side dishes with a salad. If you are making this for a packed lunch, I’d say it makes 2 portions.