One great winter-warmer is a home-made soup, so it’s great when you can find a winter warmer home made soup that’s super quick and easy to make…. and ideal for the Live Below the Line challenge as it comes in at 15p or less and here’s my food cheat for quick and easy pea soup in well under 5 minutes.
Quick & Easy Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 tin of mushy peas, although you can use any tin of peas or even frozen peas if you want.
- Simply open your tin of mushy peas and pour them into a saucepan or a microwave dish. Heat them up on the hob or in the microwave until they’re bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and use a stick blender (or even a fork), to break down the peas until they’re smooth. You might like to take a spoonful or two out before you do this, then add them in at the end.
- Return the saucepan to the hob for another 2-3 minutes simmering, or microwave for a further 45-60 seconds.
- Serve with a big chunk of bread, or simply bread and butter.
Easy Pea Soup in under 5 minutes!
Better Pea Soup
If you want to take this basic, easy pea soup recipe and improve on it, then crumble up a stock cube with boiling water and use that to add to the peas. You can use a Vegetarian stock cube, or a meat one, just grab what you have in the cupboard.
Live Below the Line Challenge
If you’re doing the Live Below the Line challenge and need some easy recipes, then this fits well as a snack, or as lunch. With a total daily budget of £1, this belly warmer’s just 15p.