I spotted this Rocky Road Chocolate Cookies recipe on the back of a packet of mini marshmallows just as I was about to toss it in the bin! I can’t believe I nearly missed it. I’d bought The Pantry mini marshmallows from Aldi recently, but hadn’t had any hot chocolate drinks for awhile as it was coming up to summer, but then the weather’s turned cold, so I thought I’d finish off the bag of mini marshmallows with a hot chocolate drink so I could get rid of the bag that just had a small handful of marshmallows left.
I really must make these soon – they only take 7-8 minutes to bake, which is my kind of recipe baking time! Any longer and I get bored waiting for the cookies to bake.
I’ll halve this recipe as it’s too big a quantity for one.
Ingredients: Makes 48 Cookies
- 100 grams butter
- 170 grams milk chocolate chips
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 120 grams chopped walnuts
- 48 mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6
- Melt the butter and half the chocolate chips, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Stir together the melted chocolate mixture with the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt – then stir this into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the nuts and the remaining half of the chocolate chips.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out the mixture and drop it onto an ungreased baking tray. Press a mini marshmallow into the centre of each dollop of dough.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Remove from the baking trays immediately to cool on wire trays.
I’m looking forward to making those – but there are a few ingredients I don’t have in the house so they’ll have to wait a bit!
Now I’ve typed that up, so I don’t forget, I can chuck that empty packet in the bin!