This mini cheese & tomato tartlet recipe makes a tiny tartlet that serves one person a snack. I just fancied something a little savoury, so quickly made a simple oil and flour pastry – I made up just a half quantity of that, then topped it with cheese, tomato and a sprinkling of oregano before baking.
The tart above is about 3-4″ wide. Apologies for the photo, this wasn’t the best looking dish I’ve cooked this month, I was in a bit of a hurry to scoff it to be honest!
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon self raising flour
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 3 teaspoons icy water
- pinch of salt
Make the Pastry: Simple Oil and Flour Pastry.
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of grated cheese
- A sprinkling of oregano
- First make and bake the pastry case.
- Once the pastry case has cooled (I was too impatient for that bit today), add the fillings and bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Leave the tartlet to cool in the dish for 10 minutes or so. Serve.
This really is just a bite, a snack, a nibble…..
Menu Cost – 10p:
The pastry will cost about 2-3p to make, the filling would be 6-7p. So this is a 10p tart! It might even come in cheaper and is a great way to get a tasty savoury snack for one.