Using wraps instead of making a sandwich can sometimes seem that you’re getting “something better” to eat, something a little bit more special. When I’ve got felafel to use up I’ll prefer to put them into a wrap or a pitta bread rather than into a sandwich for that reason.
Here is a wrap filling idea, with just four ingredients!
- 1 small tortilla wrap
- 3 small felafel
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Squirt of salad cream (or you can use mayonnaise)
- Microwave the tortilla wrap for 20-30 seconds, this is optional and just something I do automatically (not sure why really, but I always did it this way!).
- Spread salad cream on the tortilla.
- Slice the felafel, or break them up and place them on the tortilla wrap, leaving one side quite clear.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and add those to the felafel layer.
- Add another squirt of salad cream or mayonnaise.
- Starting from the edge that has the filling, roll the tortilla wrap, then cut in half!
Once made, this would keep in the fridge, if wrapped in foil or in an airtight container, for 2-3 days, so can be a great make ahead packed lunch maybe.