This broccoli and cheese mini quiche for one is something I put together as a quick savoury snack. It uses a simple oil and flour pastry as the base and is topped with some broccoli and cheese then baked in my toaster oven.
These are my favourite things this week, so I’ve made a variety of them. I do tend to get hooked on some foods for short periods of time, eating a lot of one item for about a week, then stopping!
They can be served as a tasty morsel snack… or add a salad or side dishes with them to make a full meal.
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour & 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
Mini Quiche Filling:
- 2 broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese
- Make and bake the pastry, which I’ve documented here: Oil & Flour Pastry. Allow the pastry to cool (if you can wait!)
- Chop up the broccoli florets and cook them – I cook these in 2 minutes in the microwave: 2 minute broccoli.
- Add the broccoli and cheese to the pastry case.
- Bake in the oven at 185°C for about 15 minutes. Allow it to cool.
Today I served my mini quiche with some chips and baked beans!