These are 3 minute quick chocolate cornflake crispies made in a poach pod as I can make just one or two of them and not be too greedy! I use the poach pods to melt the chocolate, then I pour cornflakes into the melted chocolate and mix them up, before popping the whole poach pod into the fridge to set.
When I was growing up I used to use another recipe which used dried milk, margarine and cocoa powder, but this is quicker and simpler and uses just 2 ingredients!
Using this poach pod chocolate cornflake crispies recipe means that today I only made TWO cornflake crispies!
- A few squares of chocolate – today I’ve used the Lidl 30p chocolate bars and I’ve just used one strip.
- “Enough” cornflakes – today I’ve used honey nut crunch cornflakes, again from Lidl at 85p/500 gram box.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and drop it into the poach pods.
- Place the poach pods in a microwave safe dish (just to make it easier to lift them in and out) and place the dish in the microwave. Microwave on low/medium power for 1-2 minutes, watching/checking all the time to ensure the chocolate is melting and not burning.
- Remove the poach pods from the microwave and slowly add the cornflakes, coating them in chocolate – hold the poach pod in your hand and mix it together using a big spoon.
Place the poach pods back into the dish you were using and put the whole lot in the fridge to set. Don’t forget to lick the spoon clean 🙂
Once set, as the poach pods are made of silicone, they just slide straight out, so you’ve the minimum of washing up to do!
These are great as a quick snack, or a last minute dessert. Alternatively, you can just use the poach pods to melt the chocolate and make one large/flat chocolate cornflake crispie cookie!
Menu Cost <10p
I’ve not calculated the cost of these, but it’s about 3-4p of chocolate and similar for the cornflakes, so it’s well under 10p I bet!